This page contains most foobar2000 components available at time of history last update.
- 1 Official components
- 2 3rd party components
- 2.1 User Interface Modules
- 2.2 User interface add-ons
- 2.3 DSP
- 2.4 Input
- 2.5 Visualisation
- 2.6 Other
- 2.7 Output
- 3 External links
The following components are created and maintained by the foobar2000 development team. Support for them should be asked for in the Support forum.
Included in the installer
The following components are required for installation. These components are installed when type of installation is Minimal.
- Default user interface (foo ui std) · Allows complex layout using building blocks that are called UI Elements, many of them already present after the installation.
- Standard DSP Array (foo_dsp_std) · Equalizer, resampler, advanced limiter, hard limiter, stereo to 4 channel upmixer and a couple other effects
- Standard Input Array/FFmpeg Decoders (foo_input_std)
In addition to foobar2000's core functionality, following components can be installed as needed, through choice of Type of install.
If selected "Normal", following components will be included, cumulative to Minimal:
- Converter (foo_converter) · Converts files to WAV or any other formats using command line encoders
- Equalizer DSP (foo_dsp_eq) · Equalizer DSP (foo_dsp_eq) · An 18-band equalizer based on SuperEQ library
If selected "Full", following additional components will be included, cumulative to Normal and Minimal:
- File Operations (foo_fileops) · Renames, moves, or copies files according to specified patterns.
- Archive Reader (foo_unpack) · Adds support for playing files directly from ZIP RAR and GZIP archives.
- Freedb Tagger (foo_freedb2) · Tag retrieving support from freedb service for any set of files (mp3,mpc,flac,...-not only CDDA tracks).
These components are provided as separate downloads, found on the Official Components page.
- ABX comparator (foo_abx) · Performs a double-blind listening test between two tracks.
- ASIO Output (foo_out_asio) · Provides ASIO output support.
- Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) · CD burning support.
- Command-Line Decoder Wrapper (foo_input_exe) · Allows to play or convert any audio format with a standalone command-line decoder available.
- DEAF Module Decoder (foo_deaf) · Plays module files: MOD, S3M, XM, IT, 669, PTM, PSM, MTM and UMX.
- FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper (foo_input_ffmpeg) · Allows foobar2000 to read arbitrary file formats via user-supplied ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe.
- Masstagger (foo_masstag) · Automates various tag editing operations.
- OpenMPT Module Decoder (foo_openmpt54) · This component decodes modules, or music files combining both samples and sequence data and effects, using libopenmpt.
- Quick Tagger (foo_quicktag) · Adds customizable context menu commands for quickly setting tag fields to preconfigured values.
- Text Tools (foo_texttools) · Adds customizable context menu commands for copying information about the selected tracks to Windows Clipboard.
- Utility DSP Array (foo_dsp_utility) · Contains the following utility DSP modules: Add Noise, DC Offset, Sample Offset, Scale, Upmix, Stereo Balance.
- UPnP MediaRenderer Output (foo_out_upnp) · Presents any UPnP MediaRenderer devices present on your home network as foobar2000 output devices.
- VST 2.x/3.x Adapter (foo_dsp_vst3) · Allows VST effects to be used as DSPs in foobar2000.
3rd party components
The following components are created and maintained by 3rd-party authors, using foobar2000's SDK. Support for these components should be asked for in the 3rd Party Plugins forum. Asking for help directly in the component's thread is usually preferred.
User Interface Modules
Columns UI (foo_ui_columns) · Very popular alternate interface for foobar2000 based on a columns and panel layout.
Columns UI introduced components with panel capability which extend the user interface.
User interface add-ons
The default user interface (foo_ui_std) · Included in the standard installation package, can be extended with the following component(s):
- Coverflow mod (foo_chronflow_mod) · Interactive 3D Coverflow.
- Waveform Minibar (mod) (foo_wave_minibar_mod) · Element for DUI with seekbar functionality on top of the waveform of the playing song.
- Floating window (foo_flowin) · a component that host Default UI elements.
Panels extend the functionality of Columns UI components.
- Album List Panel (foo_uie_albumlist) · Displays the database in a treeview using customizable sorting methods (by genre, artist, directory, etc.)
- Console (foo_uie_console) · Panel version of console. Displays diagnostic messages. Requires Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1 or newer.
- Waveform Minibar (mod) (foo_wave_minibar_mod) · Waveform Minibar (mod) is a seekbar that shows the waveform of the track.
- SRC Resampler DSP (foo_dsp_src_resampler) · Secret Rabbit Code resampler.
- Crossmix DSP (foo_dsp_crossmix) · Mixes the beginning of the next track over the ending of the previous track without any fading.
- Fade In/Out DSP (foo_dsp_fadeinout) · Allows adding linear, sine, cosine, or logarithmic shaped fade-in and fade-out effects.
- Vocal Exciter DSP (foo_dsp_vocal_exciter) · Adds harmonically related distortion to high frequencies to give more presence.
- MathAudio Headphone EQ (foo_headphone_eq) · Helps to detect and compensate for the unwanted resonances in high-quality headphones and earphones.
- Downmixer DSP (foo_dsp_downmixer) · Downmixes source to the selected output format.
- Trifield LR→LRC Decoder DSP (foo_dsp_trifield) · Implementation of Michael Gerzon's Trifield decoder.
- MathAudio Room EQ (foo_room_eq) · Corrects deficiencies of room acoustics (multipoint compensation).
- mda Dither DSP (foo_dsp_mdadither) · Range of dither types for word-length reduction.
- Stereo Convolver (foo_dsp_stereoconv) · Take stereo audio and convolve each channel with two impulse responses.
- Amplifier DSP (foo_dsp_amp) · A simple volume adjustment DSP allowing the signal amplitude to be both boosted and lowered.
- Fake Gapless DSP (foo_dsp_fakegapless) · Briefly fades track changes to silence to avoid glitches with gapless tracks when encoded with lossy codecs.
- Gap Killer DSP (foo_dsp_nogaps) · Removes silence from track transitions.
- Hard Clip DSP (foo_dsp_hardclip) · Clips peaks forcing foobar2000 output to match players that don't support floating point output.
- Pregap DSP (foo_dsp_pregap) · Inserts silence before real playback begins.
- ReplayGain DSP (foo_dsp_replaygain) · Alternative ReplayGain implementation with support for smarter automatic mode selection.
- Skip Silence DSP (foo_dsp_skip_silence) · Automatically fast forwards over extended periods of silence.
- Smart Dither DSP (foo_dsp_dither) · TPDF dither DSP that leaves digital silence untouched.
- DVD Audio Decoder (foo_input_dvda) · Decodes DVD Audio (DVD Audio) Disks.
- OptimFROG Decoder_(foo_input_ofr) · Decodes OptimFROG audio format.
- TAK Decoder (foo_input_tak) · Adds support for decoding and tagging TAK files as well as reading embedded album art.
- TTA Audio Decoder (foo_input_tta) · Decodes True Audio (TTA) audio format.
- V2M Decoder (foo_input_v2m) · Farbrausch V2 module (V2M) decoder.
- MIDI Player (foo_midi) · adds playback of MIDI files to foobar2000.
- Cover Info (foo_cover_info) · This component scans a selection of files for embedded album art and stores the results in a database.
- Cover Resizer (foo_cover_resizer) · Utilities for manipulating embedded art of files from within of foobar 2000.
- Loop (foo_loop) · This component offers looping in a track.
- Metronome (foo_metronome) · a simple console metronome.
- No Display Standby (foo_nds) · This component disables monitor power saving feature while music is playing.
- No Sleep (foo_nosleep) · Prevents system from entering standby mode while foobar2000 is running.
- Preview (foo_preview) · Plays first seconds of consecutive tracks.
- Renamer (foo_renamer) · An alternative file renamer for people who wish to configure reserved character replacement rules manually.
- Run Services (foo_run) · Allows you to run a external program with the foobar syntax.
- Run Main (foo_run_main) · This component has full support for dynamically generated menu commands.
- Seek to Time (foo_seek_to_time) · This component allows defining timestamps to directly seek to with keyboard shortcuts.
- Stop after Album (foo_stopafteralbum) · This component allows stop playing according to defined tags.
- Timebomb2 (foo_timebomb2) · Stop playing after predefined time.
- ESlyrics (foo_uie_eslyric) · Alternative lyric show component.
- OpenLyrics (foo_openlyrics) · Modern replacement for Lyric Show Panel 3.
- Taskbar Playback Progress Bar (foo_taskbar_playback_progress_bar) · Recompile of foo_taskbar_playback_progress_bar by Alexey V. Grishin. Fixed potential divide by zero crash and added 64-bit support.
- Audioscrobbler (foo_audioscrobbler) · Audioscrobbler will send the name of every song you play on your computer to Last.fm.
- Last.fm. Playcount Sync (foo_lastfm_playcount_sync) · This component fetches Last.fm playcounts and first played/last played dates as you listen.
- Scrobble (foo_scrobble) · This is component for scrobbling to Last.fm
- Cue Fix (foo_cue_fix) · Component for foobar2000 to fix CUE/FLAC,APE,WAVE problems.
- Cuesheet Creator(foo_cuesheet_creator) · Component for generating cuesheet from playlist.
- Play Next (foo_play_next) · Adds the selected track to the beginning of the playback queue to be played next.
- Playlist Fix (foo_playlist_fix) · This component uses title formatting to match dead playlist items against library items and updates the playlist entries.
- Skip Track (foo_skip) · Shared mode WASAPI output for Vista and newer Windows versions.Skips tracks that are marked via a tag as inactive.
- Statistics (foo_statistics) · Collects all kind of foobar2000 statistics and prints them to console.
- Discogger (foo_discogger) · Retrieve info and album art from Discogs.com database.
- External Tags (foo_external_tags) · This component adds tagging support for non-taggable file formats.
- Tag Normalizer (foo_tag_normalizer) · This component Normalizes Unicode characters in tags.
- Audio MD5 (foo_audiomd5) · Component for generating and verifying MD5 checksum of audio data.
- Recorder (foo_record) · Record audio from selected sound card input.
- WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis) · Shared mode WASAPI output for Vista and newer Windows versions.
- WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis_debug) · Shared mode WASAPI output for Vista and newer Windows versions, with additional debugging capabilities.
- on foobar2000.org