foobar2000:Components/JScript Panel 3 (foo_jscript_panel3)
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
|JScript Panel 3|
|Initial release||November 1, 2015; 8 years ago|
|Stable release||3.2.20 (May 21, 2023)|
|Minimum version||2.0 beta 18|
|UI module(s)||Default UI, Columns UI|
|License||List of used licenses|
|View all components|
This component for foobar2000 is based on [WSH Panel Mod].
Under the hood, it uses Windows Script Host. It is possible to use ActiveX objects like WScript.Shell to run external apps, etc.
Note that JS language support is limited to ECMAScript 5. Nothing newer will ever be supported.
Here are just some of the features provided by the component...
- Custom drawing of text, external images, lines, rectangles, etc.
- Use fonts/colours from the main preferences of whichever user interface you are using.
- Executing main/context menu commands.
- Ability to create custom buttons/menus.
- Capture keystrokes/mouse movement/clicks.
- Callbacks can be used to trigger code based on foobar2000 events.
- Read/write file tags.
- Complete manipulation of playlists.
- Media Library display/sorting/filtering
- Save settings on a per panel basis. These persist between restarts and are stored inside the layout configuration file for whichever UI your are using. You can also write your own functions to load/save settings from JSON or plain text files.
- Built in support for making GET / POST requests which return plain text and there is also a method for downloading binary files. If you prefer, you can use the Microsoft.XMLHTTP ActiveX object.
- And much more... Read [Documentation] for complete information.