Difference between revisions of "Foobar2000:Components"
m (→Music decoders)
(→Other decoders: Foobar2000 v2.0 update)
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
* [[Foobar2000:Components/Decoder ()|Decoder ()]] module () decoder.
Revision as of 11:50, 30 September 2022
This page contains most foobar2000 components available at time of history last update.
- 1 Official components
- 2 3rd party components
- 2.1 User Interface Modules
- 2.2 User interface add-ons
- 2.3 DSP
- 2.4 Input
- 2.5 Visualisation
- 2.6 Other
- 3 External links
The following components are created and maintained by the foobar2000 development team. Support for them should be asked for in the Support forum.
Included in the installer
The following components are required for installation. These components are installed when type of installation is Minimal.
- Default user interface (foo ui std) · Allows complex layout using building blocks that are called UI Elements, many of them already present after the installation.
- Standard DSP Array (foo_dsp_std) · Equalizer, resampler, advanced limiter, hard limiter, stereo to 4 channel upmixer and a couple other effects
- Standard Input Array/FFmpeg Decoders (foo_input_std)
In addition to foobar2000's core functionality, following components can be installed as needed, through choice of Type of install.
If selected "Normal", following components will be included, cumulative to Minimal:
- Converter (foo_converter) · Converts files to WAV or any other formats using command line encoders
- Equalizer DSP (foo_dsp_eq) · Equalizer DSP (foo_dsp_eq) · An 18-band equalizer based on SuperEQ library
If selected "Full", following additional components will be included, cumulative to Normal and Minimal:
- File Operations (foo_fileops) · Renames, moves, or copies files according to specified patterns.
- Archive Reader (foo_unpack) · Adds support for playing files directly from ZIP RAR and GZIP archives.
- Freedb Tagger (foo_freedb2) · Tag retrieving support from freedb service for any set of files (mp3,mpc,flac,...-not only CDDA tracks).
These components are provided as separate downloads, found on the Official Components page.
- ABX comparator (foo_abx) · Performs a double-blind listening test between two tracks.
- ASIO Output (foo_out_asio) · Provides ASIO output support.
- Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) · CD burning support.
- Command-Line Decoder Wrapper (foo_input_exe) · Allows to play or convert any audio format with a standalone command-line decoder available.
- DEAF Module Decoder (foo_deaf) · Plays module files: MOD, S3M, XM, IT, 669, PTM, PSM, MTM and UMX.
- FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper (foo_input_ffmpeg) · Allows foobar2000 to read arbitrary file formats via user-supplied ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe.
- Masstagger (foo_masstag) · Automates various tag editing operations.
- OpenMPT Module Decoder (foo_openmpt54) · This component decodes modules, or music files combining both samples and sequence data and effects, using libopenmpt.
- Quick Tagger (foo_quicktag) · Adds customizable context menu commands for quickly setting tag fields to preconfigured values.
- Text Tools (foo_texttools) · Adds customizable context menu commands for copying information about the selected tracks to Windows Clipboard.
- Utility DSP Array (foo_dsp_utility) · Contains the following utility DSP modules: Add Noise, DC Offset, Sample Offset, Scale, Upmix, Stereo Balance.
- UPnP MediaRenderer Output (foo_out_upnp) · Presents any UPnP MediaRenderer devices present on your home network as foobar2000 output devices.
3rd party components
The following components are created and maintained by 3rd-party authors, using foobar2000's SDK. Support for these components should be asked for in the 3rd Party Plugins forum. Asking for help directly in the component's thread is usually preferred.
User Interface Modules
Columns UI (foo_ui_columns) Very popular alternate interface for foobar2000 based on a columns and panel layout.
Columns UI introduced components with panel capability which extend the user interface.
User interface add-ons
The default user interface (foo_ui_std), included in the standard installation package, can be extended with the following component(s):
- Coverflow mod (foo_chronflow_mod) Interactive 3D Coverflow.
- Waveform Minibar (mod) (foo_wave_minibar_mod) Element for DUI with seekbar functionality on top of the waveform of the playing song.
- Floating window (foo_flowin) a component that host Default UI elements.
Panels extend the functionality of Columns UI components.
- Album List Panel (foo_uie_albumlist) Displays the database in a treeview using customizable sorting methods (by genre, artist, directory, etc.)
- Console (foo_uie_console) Panel version of console. Displays diagnostic messages. Requires Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1 or newer.
- Waveform Minibar (mod) (foo_wave_minibar_mod) Waveform Minibar (mod) is a seekbar that shows the waveform of the track.
- Downmixer DSP (foo_dsp_downmixer) · Downmixes source to the selected output format.
- Trifield LR→LRC Decoder DSP (foo_dsp_trifield) · Implementation of Michael Gerzon's Trifield decoder.
- Amplifier DSP (foo_dsp_amp) · A simple volume adjustment DSP allowing the signal amplitude to be both boosted and lowered.
- Fake Gapless DSP (foo_dsp_fakegapless) · Briefly fades track changes to silence to avoid glitches with gapless tracks when encoded with lossy codecs.
- Gap Killer DSP (foo_dsp_nogaps) · Removes silence from track transitions.
- Hard Clip DSP (foo_dsp_hardclip) · Clips peaks forcing foobar2000 output to match players that don't support floating point output.
- Pregap DSP (foo_dsp_pregap) · Inserts silence before real playback begins.
- ReplayGain DSP (foo_dsp_replaygain) · Alternative ReplayGain implementation with support for smarter automatic mode selection.
- Skip Silence DSP (foo_dsp_skip_silence) · Automatically fast forwards over extended periods of silence.
- Smart Dither DSP (foo_dsp_dither) · TPDF dither DSP that leaves digital silence untouched.
- Crossmix DSP (foo_dsp_crossmix) · Mixes the beginning of the next track over the ending of the previous track without any fading.
- Fade In/Out DSP (foo_dsp_fadeinout) · Allows adding linear, sine, cosine, or logarithmic shaped fade-in and fade-out effects.
- Vocal Exciter DSP (foo_dsp_vocal_exciter) · Adds harmonically related distortion to high frequencies to give more presence.
- SRC Resampler DSP (foo_dsp_src_resampler) · Secret Rabbit Code resampler.
- mda Dither DSP (foo_dsp_mdadither) · Range of dither types for word-length reduction.
- Stereo Convolver (foo_dsp_stereoconv) · Take stereo audio and convolve each channel with two impulse responses.
- DVD Audio Decoder (foo_input_dvda) Decodes DVD Audio (DVD Audio) Disks.
- TAK Decoder (foo_input_tak) Adds support for decoding and tagging TAK files as well as reading embedded album art.
- TTA Audio Decoder (foo_input_tta) Decodes True Audio (TTA) audio format.
- V2M Decoder (foo_input_v2m) Farbrausch V2 module (V2M) decoder.
- Musical Spectrum (foo_musical_spectrum) Displays frequencies corresponding to musical notes. Compatible with default UI and Columns UI.
- Sb-sDFT (foo_sb_sdft) Displays audio spectrum and/or spectrogram in similar way to auditory perception using constant-Q transform, calculated using sliding DFT. Visuals is heavily inspired by audioMotion.js and showcqt respectively. Compatible with default UI and Columns UI.
- showcqt (foo_showcqt) Component that combines spectrum with spectrogram, with variable time/frequency resolution and linear amplitude scale using Brown-Puckette variable-Q transform with direct frequency-domain kernel calculation. Compatible with both default and Columns UI.
- audioMotion-analyzer (foo_audiomotion_analyzer) Based on audioMotion.js, with additional features like non-power of two FFT lengths, window functions, linear/nth root amplitude scale and optional spectrogram display. Works well with both DUI and CUI.
- Spectrogram for Columns UI (foo_uie_spectrogram) Spectrogram visualization based off showspectrum filter from FFmpeg with additional features like Mel scale
- Vectorscope (foo_vectorscope) Display vectorscope visualization, which shows the difference between two channels; the vertical line indicates mono while the horizontal line indicates the out-of-phase.
- Waveform Visualizer (foo_waveform_visualizer) Visualizes the audio waveform similar to default oscilloscope, but with additional features like triggering, Mid/Side mode and different waveform colors per-channel
- Enhanced Spectrum Analyzer (foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer) Displays frequencies in a detailed way using FFT.
- Peakmeter for Columns UI (foo_uie_peakmeter) Displays the level for each channel in dB.
- Peakmeter and spectrum analyzer (foo_uie_vis_peakmeter_spectrum) Plugin that combines a peakmeter with a spectrum analyzer.
- ProjectM Visualisation (foo_vis_projectM) Based on the ProjectM project, which is a reimplementation of Milkdrop under OpenGL.
- Shpeck (foo_vis_shpeck) Winamp visualisation plugins wrapper.
- WmpVis (foo_uie_wmpvis) Uses the visualizations from WMP. Panel version only.
- Alarm (foo_alarm) Starts playback at the specified period of time.
- Automatic BPM Analyser (foo_bpm) Automatically calculate the BPM of songs. Manual BPM calculation also available.
- Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus) Allows periodic automatic saving of configuration and other data in foobar2000 and keeping backup copies of such data.
- Channel Usage Visualisation (foo_vis_channelusage) Channel Usage Visualisation.
- EXTM3U Playlist Creator (foo_extm3u) Allow to save current playlist in the EXTM3U format.
- Feature Watcher (foo_whatsnew) Watches for added or removed features.
- File Date (foo_filedate) Add to file tag date added, accessed, created or modified from context menu entries.
- HyperIM (foo_2hyperim) Provides 19 media macros.
- Infospect (foo_infospect) Displays low level playback information.
- iPod Manager (foo_dop) Experimental iPod plugin for foobar2000 0.9.2+, currently in alpha version.
- Logitech G15 LCD Display (foo_g15lcd) Control the LCD panel on a Logitech G15 keyboard.
- Logitech LCD Display & Visualization (foo_logitech_lcd) Customizable visualizations and track info on the LCD panel on a Logitech G15/G19/Z-10.
- Menu Addons (foo_menu_addons) Adds a few shortcuts in menu.
- Open URL (foo_openurl) Adds a context menu item to open URLs from metadata fields in a web browser.
- Pause On Lock (foo_lock) Pauses/unpauses foobar2000 on workstation lock/unlock.
- Pause on Lock (extended) (foo_lock_ex) Pause playing on workstation lock. Optimized for use with Windows XP/2003.
- Preview (foo_preview) Play only part of each track in the playlist.
- Replaygain Override (foo_rg_trn) Allows you to automatically switch between replaygain modes based on specified criteria (e.g. use track based RG for shuffle mode, etc.)
- Run (foo_run) Able you to run a external program with the foobar syntax.
- Run Commands (foo_runcmd) Search and execute menu commands.
- Scheduler (foo_scheduler) Plugin for scheduling actions like play, stop, system shutdown/wake up and many more.
- Seek (foo_seek) offers different ways of seeking inside one or more tracks: preview, rewind/fast-forward, loop, and repeat A–B.
- Seekbox (foo_seek_box) Main menu item that pops up a box for seeking to a particular hh:mm:ss time in the current track.
- Send To Device (foo_sendtodevice) Add "Send to Device" feature.
- Shell Link Resolver (foo_lnk) Shell link resolver.
- Timebomb (foo_timebomb) Stop playback / exit program after a specified time.
- Unix archive support (foo_unpack_unix) Adds support for reading from Unix Tape Archives (.TAR), gzip files (.GZ), and bzip2 files (.BZ2).
- Unpacker for 7-Zip archive (foo_unpack_7z)
- Unpacker for JMA archive (foo_unpack_jma)
- Unpacker for LHA archive (foo_unpack_lha)
- UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (foo_upnp)
- Winamp API Emulator (foo_winamp_spam) Designed to create a fake Winamp 1.x window which will act as a wrapper between applications written to use the Winamp API and foobar2000.
- ESlyrics (foo_uie_eslyric) · Alternative lyric show component.
- AMIP Wrapper (foo_amipwrapper) Complete now-playing plug-in for mIRC, PIRCH, Klient, Bersirc, other IRC and Mail clients, supporting full player control from mIRC, playlist search, clipboard integration, HTTP, dynamic image signatures, etc.
- Listening To (foo_listeningto) Sends NowPlaying information to Miranda IM.
- Miranda IM Notifier (foo_mim_notify) Sends configurable information about the current playing song to Miranda-IM and shows popup windows with this info.
- MSN avatar changer (foo_uie_albumart_msn) Set currently playing song's album art as avatar.
- MSN Now Playing (alt) (foo_msnalt) Show the current song as "Now Playing" in MSN and Windows Live messenger.
- On-Screen Display (foo_osd) On screen display of track information and volume bar.
- On-Screen Display GDI (foo_osd_gdiplus) Same as foo_osd but uses GDI+ for osd drawing.
- Pretty Popup (foo_prettypop) Display a moderately sized popup of song information when a new song plays.
- Titlebar (foo_managed_wrapper) Creates a personal title bar that shows the currently playing song on the top of the screen. Supports custom-made skins.
- Windows 7 Integration (foo_w7shell) Integrates certain features into the Windows 7 Taskbar; seekbar, control buttons, etc.
- Windows Live Notifier (foo_wlm) Shows current song as "Now Playing" in in MSN Messenger and Windows Live messenger (WLM). Supports unicode.
- Audioscrobbler (foo_audioscrobbler) Audioscrobbler will send the name of every song you play on your computer to Last.fm. This effortlessly populates your profile to play radio you like and make personalized recommendations.
- Podcatcher (foo_podcatcher) A podcatcher component for subscribing to, downloading, and playing RSS and Atom podcast feeds in foobar2000.
- Subsonic (foo_subsonic) A component to connect foobar to subsonic servers or subsonic compatible API.
- Vorbis Streamer (foo_vorbisstream) Streams Vorbis and associated metadata to Icecast2 and Shoutcast servers.
- XM Radio Online Player (foo_xm) Allow you to listen to XM Radio channels over the Internet by using XM Radio Online.
- Audioscrobble Charts (foo_scrobblecharts) Generate a playlist from an artist's Last.fm chart. It also allows you to sort a selection in the playlist by the artist's charts.
- Bin Pack (foo_binpack) Creates playlists from a list with a maximum length.
- Command Playlist (foo_cmd_playlist) Add /playlist-activate:"Name" to the foobar command line to activate the named playlist.
- Cuesheet Creator (foo_cuesheet_creator) Cuesheet creator.
- Database Search (foo_dbsearch) Database search.
- Default Video Player (foo_default_videoplayer) Allows you to play your video clips from foobar playlist with default external player.
- Delete Current (foo_deletecurrent) Adds a menu item giving the possibility to delete from computer the current playing track.
- Highlight Playing (foo_highlightplaying) Highlights actual now playing item even when the playlist has been broken.
- History (foo_history) Very basic song history.
- Inactive Tracks (foo_skip) Skips tracks that are marked via a tag as inactive.
- MeowDB (foo_meowdb) Takes the Media Library and outputs the results to a form and uploads it to your server using the cURL library.
- Navigator (foo_navigator) Advanced history component.
- Now Playing Simple (foo_np_simple) Simple now playing plugin to output formatted string to plain text file.
- Playback Queue Viewer (foo_pqview) Playback queue viewer.
- Playlist Bind (foo_playlist_bind) Synchronize playlist with contents of specific directory.
- Playlist Clear (foo_playlistclear) All playlists are cleared at startup.
- Playlist History (foo playlisthistory) Enables playlist history in foobar2000, similar to page history in browsers.
- Playlist Manager (foo_playlist_manager) Playlist manager.
- Playlist Name Enhenced (foo_playlist_name_enhanced) Appends automatically playlist info ("items / length") to all playlist names.
- Playlist Tools (foo_utils) Provides various general commands.
- Playlist Tools for Matroska (foo_utils_mka) Provides various general commands.
- Queue Manager (foo_queuemanager) It provides a window that shows the queue's contents and allows you to delete parts of them or clear the whole queue. Non-ColumnUI obsolete version, try panel version instead.
- Randomized Playlist Entry (foo_random) Randomized playlist entry.
- Rating (foo_rating) Display an icon in the systray with a tooltip popup from which you can choose a rating between 1 and 5 for the currently playing file.
- Remove Played (foo_removeplayed) It removes tracks from the playlist once they've been played.
- Soft Playlists (foo_softplaylists) Can create different Last.fm related playlists, love tracks on Last.fm and save and load XSPF playlists (make playlists without hard paths).
- Track Finder (foo_trackfinder) Displays a context menu that lets you quickly find songs based on their album title or artists name.
- Track Position (foo_trackpos) Provides a new context menu item "place after current playing", that allows you to place any tracks after the current playing one in the playing playlist.
- XSPF (foo_xspf) Adds XSPF support. XSPF is an open, XML based playlist format.
- Enhanced Playback Statistics (foo_enhanced_playcount) Stores timestamp of every song play, and also retrieves scrobbles from last.fm.
- Playback Statistics Custom (foo_playback_custom) Stores playback statistics in tags like foo_playcount_mod, with claimed faster response, and uses foo_custominfo db if file is unavailable for writing.
- Play Count Mod (foo_playcount_mod) Unofficial playcount modded to supress the update tag popups.
- Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols) Control all the playback functions from icons in the Taskbar Notification Area (play, pause, next, previous, open)
- Bluetooth Control (foo_bluetooth_ctrl) Control your favourite music player using your favourite Symbian-based bluetooth enabled phone.
- COM Automation Server (foo_comserver2) Allows controlling foobar2000 through COM Automation
- Control Server (foo_controlserver) Acts as a server to control Foobar2000. Connect with a telnet client and control it using ASCII commands.
- DDE Control (foo_ddecontrol) Control foobar remotelly with DDE interprocess communication (interface in japanese only).
- HTTP Writer (foo_write_http) It's TCP/IP server that listens on a specified port for incoming requests such as play, stop, etc.
- Joystick Control (foo_joystick_control) Control foobar2000 from a joystick/gamepad.
- MIDI Transport (foo_miditransport) Control Foobar2k from external MIDI controllers (CC and MMC transport).
- Minibar2k (foo_Minibar2k) Control Foobar2k from your PDA (PocketPC based).
- Remote Control (foo_remotecontrol) Adds support to Melloware Intelliremote software which claims to work with Creative remote control (Soundblaster Live!, Audigy, Extigy, Audigy ZS and Soundblaster X-Fi.)
- RM-1800 (foo_mr1800) Adds support of Creative X-Fi's remote (RM-1800).
- RM-X Media Edition (foo_rmx) Yet another plugin for remote control. SHAREWARE.
- WinLIRC Client (foo_lirc) Control Foobar from a remote control.
- Discogger (foo_discogger) · Retrieve info and album art from Discogs.com database.
- on foobar2000.org
- hydrogenaudio - list of components from earlier versions not yet ported to 0.9.x. on