Foobar2000:Components/Playlist History (foo playlisthistory)
foo_playlisthistory enables playlist history in foobar2000, similar to page history in browsers.
The component watches activated playlists and provides the user back and next buttons to navigate the playlist history.
Two commands are provided under the View/Recently activated playlists: Previous playlist and Next playlist. These two commands can bound to keyboard shortcuts using Keyboard Settings in Preferences (see Getting started section for details).
From 0.1.4 onwards the component includes Restore last removed playlist command in the Edit menu.
The component enables easy and fast switching between recently activated playlists.
The component is available here. Install the .zip package in "Preferences > Components" (the preferable method), or manually by unziping foo_playlisthistory.dll to foobar2000 components directory.
Source code for the component is available at . The component is distributed under very permissive BSD license.
Please use this thread to provide feedback, or to report any bugs you might have found.
foobar2000 1.1. The component will not work with previous versions of foobar.
The component is usable immediately, no configuration is necessary.
Two commands are provided under the View/Recently activated playlists: Previous playlist and Next playlist. If you like, these two commands can bound to keyboard shortcuts as follows:
- Open foobar preferences using Ctrl+P
- Click Keyboard shortcuts (on the left)
- Press Add new Button (on the right)
- Type recently to Filter list by text box to filter commands
- Choose Previous playlist under View/Recently activated playlists
- Click Key textbox and press Alt+Left using keyboard
- Click Apply
Now Previous playlist functionality is mapped to Alt+Left key combination (similar to most browsers and Windows Explorer).
The same procedure can be repeated for Next playlist<->Alt+Right binding.
In addition to the above commands, the component features 'Restore last removed playlist' command, available in the Edit menu.
The only configuration is After delete go to last active playlist in the View/Recently activated playlists menu.
If the setting is enabled (checked) and the currently visible playlist is removed, the last used (i.e. visible) playlist will be activated. Foobar default behaviour is preserved when setting is disabled (not checked); this is the default setting.
- 0.1.6 / 2011-05-04
- Rebuilt with foobar SDK 1.1. From now on requires at least foobar 1.1.
- 0.1.5 / 2011-01-18
- Potential race condition resolved.
- 0.1.4 / 2011-01-14
- Playlist removals no longer produce history which contain the same playlist many times in the row.
- 'Restore last removed playlist' command added to Edit menu. Effect is same as the standard 'restore' command when right clicking the playlist manager.
- 0.1.3 / 2011-01-12
- Cleaned up main menu a little bit: it now includes a separator for commands.
- 0.1.2 / 2011-01-12
- 'After delete go to last active playlist' feature added. If activated and the currently active playlist is removed, the last used playlist will be activated (First requested here.)
- 0.1.1 / 2011-01-11
- More verbose component description added.
- 0.1 / 2011-01-10
- Initial release