Difference between revisions of "Topic Index"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 13:39, 17 October 2004
Currently most of these links lead nowhere due to the fact that we are considering how to best convert the old material and how to reorganize things in a more efficient manner.
- Please see this thread for a discussion of the future structure of this wiki. If you have thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc., please join in this discussion. In the meantime, please feel free to fill in gaps in the information below.
- See also style related discussion
- 1 General Information
- 2 Specific Information
- 2.1 Audio Software
- 2.2 Audio Hardware
- 2.3 Audio Theory
- 2.4 Audio Development
- 2.5 Audio Resources
- 2.6 Other Topics
Note: We need to figure out a good way to denote the distinction between software available on different platforms. Why not add supported platforms after the name of the tool?
- FLAC (Win32/Posix)
- WavPack (Dos/Win32/Posix)
- Beep Media Player (BMP)
Mac OS X (Non-BSD Specific)
- CL-Amp (BeOS)
Note: Might be good to put something here about the problems of quality comparisons using graphs, frequency sweeps, etc.
Digital Audio Players
(These players make use of a internal flash drive.)
(These players make use of a internal harddrive.)
(Car stereos that can read MP3, Vorbis, WMA, etc.).
Note: Let's include a small description to the side for now, so that we have something to work with when this section becomes large enough for it's own page
- http://www.audiocoding.com (Page with a wiki on technical audio topics, homepage of FAAC and FAAD2, also has an AAC forum.)
- http://www.ff123.net (Lots of general information on various MP3 implementations, test samples, testing methodology information, homepage of ABC/HR)
- http://www.head-fi.org (general information/board about head phones and portable audio players)
- http://www.rarewares.org (Downloads for many audio and media tools)