From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
(Redirected from LA)
Lossless Audio (LA) is a lossless audio compressor developed by Michael Bevin.
- Compresses files better than almost any other current lossless encoder
- Available for Windows (win32) and Linux/x86 (binaries only).
- XMMS + Winamp plugin available
- Very slow encode and decode (realtime on 700–800 MHz CPU)
- No source code or format specification available.
It's worth mentioning that the LA foobar2000 plugin doesn't produce bit-identical streams, and the author has shown no interest in fixing this issue!