foobar2000:Components 0.9/HTTP Control (foo_httpcontrol)
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
Default template running in Google Chrome.
|Stable release||0.97.17 (January 14, 2016)|
|View all components|
The HTTP Control component provides the following features via http interface to access:
- Full control of playback, including seekbar
- Basic playlist support
- Basic file browser functions, including ability to browse Microsoft Network
- A few customisation abilities
- Listen on
- Specifies the IP address and port used for listening to incoming connections. Both IP address and port must be valid, make sure specified port is not used by another program.
- Start server
- Check or uncheck to enable or disable listening for incoming connections.
- Open http://127.0.0.1:8888/
- Opens component page in default browser. Button is inactive if server/listener isn't started.
- Restrict access by Remote IP
- Limit access to component by setting the allowed IP address. Connections initiated from other addresses will be discarded. Setting this to
0.0.0.0allows all connections.
- Limit access to component by defining a login/password pair. Untick to disable passwords.
- Allowed paths
- Built-in file browser can be limited to certain paths of your file system. It is useful to simplify the browsing process or hide your secret files from prying eyes. For example, setting "Allowed paths" to
d:\music|c:\temp\music|e:\permits browsing only in these three file system branches. To additionally access Microsoft Network, add 'Network:' and '\\' (without quotes) to allowed paths.
- Extra formats
- You can specify additional file extensions to be treated as playable files by built-in file browser. It is required for opening archives containing playable files.
- Ignore formats
- Ignore files with specific extensions in file browser.
- Allowed protocols
- Urls of specified protocols are allowed to be enqueued by Browse command. Enables enqueueing of urls handled by 3rd party components like foo_youtube (3dydfy protocol).
- Suggested value:
- Hide non-playable files
- Removes all files which foobar2000 core considers unplayable from built-in file browser.
- Home directory
- Specifies path where component will look for template files. Pressing Open opens specified or default directory in Explorer. If not sure, leave it blank.
- HTTP compression (gzip)
- Enables gzip compression of component output. Enabling it is usually harmless and quite beneficial as component generates a lot of text which is very compressible. Disable if you are using some funky browser and having unexpected problems.
- Stop after queue feature
- Adds "Stop after queue" item in Playback menu. It works exactly as it's named, stops playback when end of playback queue is reached.
- Log access to console
- Enables logging of component access data to foobar2000 console. Useful for debugging etc.
- Discussion topic on hydrogenaudio
- foo_httpcontrol on Bitbucket
- foobar2000 controller, a remote controller app compatible with foo_httpcontrol.
- foobarCon, a remote controller app compatible with foo_httpcontrol.