Thanks for the nice comments on my page. :) You know, I'm a little concerned about the future of this wiki. Differently from the forum, almost no one contributes to it. Just check the recent changes page... I was thinking about ways to boost contribution, but that could be hard.... The learning curve here is steep, so probably mods and admins should participate more actively to draw the attention to the wiki. I know that foosion made some contributions in the past, but now mods and admins are rather shy in their contributions. There was also an old HA wiki that used plone as a backend and I remember that it had some informarmation already included. I wonder if the contents of this old wiki was transferred in its entirety to this wiki.... Sorry, now I'm just rambling.... --Beto 10:07, 31 August 2006 (CDT)
- You're welcome
- There are several main reasons I think:
- The learning curve is quite high, compared with the simple bbCode of the forums.
- Sometimes a flurry of development to the wiki runs aground due to quirky wiki syntax. E.g. the Recommended Ogg Vorbis page; its development ran aground when HotShotGG ran head-on against a table-alignment problem. Luckily someone fix that problem and the page can finally mature.
- There's not much new things to put in actually, except new versions or improvements of old pages
- Of course extreme improvements sometimes happened, witness the Download page. It was an ugly list-based thingy until someone rolled up his sleeve and totally renovate the page.
- I think we better use the Random Page link every once in a while, see what needs to be changed, and then delve into the forum to find who's the most enthusiastic person re: the page that needs improvement. (E.g. Yotsuya of the forums seems to be very enthusiastic about foo_trackinfo_mod, so drag him/her over here heh ) --pepoluan 13:20, 31 August 2006 (CDT)
- I agree. But I also think we need a better designed Main Page and Topic Index. After all they are prolly the first things people see in this wiki. We need a webdesigner, because I suck :D. It took me days to make some lousy templates and I just tweaked already available code from wikipedia.... --Beto 21:11, 31 August 2006 (CDT)
- I suck likewise. The problem is, designing for the wiki is severely limited by the wikidoc's syntax. The only beautification I can think of about the wiki is by putting in gratuitous graphics, e.g. a candybutton within a table linking to the forums, another candybutton to link to the download page, etc. etc. etc. But we can't put in things like navbar, tickers, breaking news, etc.
- So, what do you have in mind? Anyways I think the wiki is as it is: A Knowledge Base. It does not need to be beautiful. But that's just IMO. --pepoluan 07:06, 1 September 2006 (CDT)
- ATM I think let's leave the page sections... I haven't an idea where they should go yet.
- Anyways doesn't typing multiple colons make you feel silly? --pepoluan 18:38, 6 September 2006 (CDT)
I was just messing around with my user page.
- How in the world you can make that nice sig instead of the standard one? --pepoluan 13:51, 18 September 2006 (CDT)
- 3? Who else? But nope, mine has no tilde --pepoluan (talk | contribs) 14:34, 18 September 2006 (CDT)
- Aha! Just saw Beto's sig hehe Now if only HotshotGG and Axon will follow suit... all the main contributors are using the same sigs, heh. --pepoluan (talk | contribs) 14:54, 18 September 2006 (CDT)
- I am just 'stealing' your ideas Elliot . First the sig and now the sandbox in the user workspace.--Beto (talk | contribs) 16:18, 18 September 2006 (CDT)