I work for a big international bank as an IT Audit Supervisor in Brasil. I am mainly focused in auditing client/server, midrange, network infrastructure, projects and strategy of the bank and related companies in Brasil.
Audio compression and related technologies are one of my hobbies. That's how I came across hydrogenaudio forums in early 2003.
After high school (in 1994) I moved back to São Paulo to continue my studies in electrical engineering (telecommunications) at the local university. During that period my main interests were:
- Wired and wireless telecomunication systems
- Digital coding for wired and wireless systems
- Analog and digital filters
- Antennas and signal propagation
- Discrete and continuous transforms
- Computers and digital systems
After some time working in the engineering field I received a proposal to join the internal audit department of a banking company in 1998 as an intern. This decision brought a great shift in my career and I decided to face engineering more as a hobby from that day forth.
To be more prepared for the new challenge I decided to learn Economics at another local university and got my post-graduate degree in 2002. During this period my main academic interests were:
- Keynesian economics
- Inflation targeting in emerging market countries
- Value at risk
- Economic policy and central banks
As part of my current work I spent some time in Amsterdam in a short term exchange program from august to november 2005. It was a unique experience and a great opportunity to learn a different culture.
Educational background and titles
- BE in Electrical Engineering from the Polythecnic School at the University of São Paulo
- Post Graduate degree in Economics, Finance and Banking Administration from Fundação Getúlio Vargas
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certified professional. My CIA certification is underway.
- Information warfare
- Peer to peer technologies
- AMD Athlon XP1800+ 512MB 320GB IDE+USB HD
- SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! CMedia 8738 6-channel hardware audio
- 64MB Nvidia GeForce4 MX440
- LG Electronics - DVD-RW (GSA-4163)
- HL-DT-ST - CD-RW GCE-8320B
- Rio Karma
- Net-MD NZ505
I know, I know that my setup is getting outdated however it is still serving me well. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to spare some cash for an upgrade.
- My sandbox that I use to test the wiki syntax
- Talk page to discuss aspects of this page or just chat
- My foobar2000 related page where you can get some goodies related to my foobar setup
Please, beware that most of the external links in this page are in portuguese. For some of them you may find an english version.
You may reach me by e-mail or gtalk at boneco[at]gmail.com or drop me a comment in the talk page.
To send encrypted e-mail use my PGP key.
- Key ID: 0x1EDDC36D
- Key fingerprint: AB2F F314 DFBA D4EC 53CA 7A4D FAAE 3FAB 1EDD C36D