Foobar2000:Mac Version 2.5 Release Notes
Version 2.5 overview
This version is a near complete rewrite of foobar2000 for Mac, based on latest Windows codebase.
Original foobar2000 for Mac was based on mobile codebase / early foobar2000 v2.0 prototype codebase (hence 2.x versioning) that was never used anywhere else.
Required Mac OS version is now 10.13 "High Sierra".
User interface and media library updates
- Preferences dialog similar to that of Windows foobar2000.
- Added Media Library with realtime folder monitoring.
- Added Media Library viewers: Album List, ReFacets, Library Search.
- Added all playback order options from Windows foobar2000.
- Added Playlist View columns customizations.
- Added Playlist Search.
- Added Playback Statistics feature (rating, play count, etc).
- Playback Queue feature.
Codec technology updates
- Now up to date with current Windows foobar2000 codebase.
- Added FFmpeg Decoder Wrapper, enabling decoding of arbitrary audio formats via external FFmpeg program.
- Video game audio formats currently missing.
Properties dialog updates
- Improved behavior if 'reload info' detects a change in number of chapters etc.
- Updated Automatically Fill Values logic, better results if searched pattern appears more than once.
- Logs tag update errors to console.
- New output device management options.
- Full array of DSPs from Utility DSP Array component.
- Tag Sanitizer component (right click menu / tagging).
- Apple Audio Unit DSP support.
- Exclusive audio output support.
- Various other options and features from classic foobar2000.