foobar2000:Components/Freedb Tagger (foo_freedb2)
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
The freedb Tagger component allows you to get album information from the online freedb database.
- Select the songs (they need to be ordered by tracknumber).
- Right-click the songs, Tagging → Get tags from freedb.
- If the album information exists in freedb, you will get a dialog box.
- If you have more than one match, select the one that seems to be most accurate. (Click on the entry to view its contents)
- If you want existing information to be removed, tick Wipe out existing tags.
- Click Update files.
The Settings... button opens the freedb Tagger preferences page.
- Cannot submit information to freedb database.
- Unlike the version for 0.8.3, it works per-album.
- Cannot access offline databases.
- on foobar2000.org