Python Audio Tools
Python Audio Tools are a collection of audio handling programs which work from the command line. These include programs for CD extraction, track conversion from one audio format to another, track renaming and retagging, track identification, CD burning from tracks, and more. Supports internationalized track filenames and metadata using Unicode. Works with high-definition, multi-channel audio as well as CD-quality. Track conversion uses multiple CPUs or CPU cores if available to greatly speed the transcoding process. Track metadata can be retrieved from FreeDB, MusicBrainz or compatible servers.
- Apple Lossless
- Ogg FLAC
- Ogg Vorbis
- Sun AU
- AccurateRip technology available in git version
- Tagging, Album Art, Flac checksum verification, AccurateRip file verification.
- To rip a CD
- cd2track --type=flac --cdrom=/dev/cdrom
- To rip a DVD-Audio disc
- dvda2track -t flac -c /dev/cdrom -A /media/cdrom/AUDIO_TS
- Convert from flac to wav
- track2track --type=wav *.flac
- Check file against AccurateRip Database (currently feature is in git version)
- trackverify -R *.flac