Foobar2000:Components/Freedb Tagger (foo freedb2)
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
This component allows you to get album information from the freedb database.
- . Select the songs (they need to be ordered by tracknumber).
- . Right-click the songs, Tagging -> Get Tags from freedb
- . If the album information exists in freedb, you will get a dialog box
- . If you have more than one match, select the one that seems to be most accurate. (Click on the entry to view its contents)
- . If you want existing information to be removed, select the "wipe out existing tags" option.
- . Click Update Files.
- User/Email: Enter your email address. If you aren't registered with fredb, any address of the form firstname.lastname@example.org will do.
- Server: Allows you to select which freedb server to use. Click Retrieve to get new freedb server address if current server is not responding.
- Cannot submit information to freedb database
- Unlike the version for 0.8.3, it works per-album
- Cannot access offline databases