Adobe Audition is a Digital Audio Editor released by Adobe Systems. Formerly known as CoolEdit Pro, the editor was purchased in May, 2003. It is a powerful tool for creating audio for any destination, from CD and DVD, to broadcast television and digital media.
One strong advantage of Audition is its extensibility using various "Filters" (known in many other applications as "plugins").
Adobe Audition includes many advanced audio editing features.
Adobe Audition is a multi-track editing program with support for up to 128 tracks. You can work in multi-track view, or edit individual waveforms. Audition also has tools for adding audio effects, and creating muisc with loops. It can record up to 32 tracks simultaneously with real-time effects and EQ processing on each track.
Video Soundtrack Editing
Audition includes features that make it easy to edit video soundtracks. Included is a video viewer and associated timeline for frame accurate audio editing. File format support includes AVI, native DV, MPEG, and WMV.
Digital Signal Processing
Audition features approximately built-in audio processors and effects. Some of these include volume, noise and EQ filters, delay effects, reverb effects, and time/pitch shifting. Audition also supports third-party effects via both the DirectX interface and the VST plug-in architecture.
High Resolution Audio
Audition offers audio recording and editing at a variety of quality levels. It supports 32-bit audio with a sample rate of up to 10MHz. Standard sample rates (such as 44.1KHz - CD quality, 48KHz, 92KHz) are also available.
- CD Burning Support
- 5000 Included Music Loops
- Built-In 5.1 Surround Sound Encoder
- 400MHz or faster processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or Windows XP Professional or Home Edition
- 64MB of RAM (512MB or more recommended)
- 75MB of available hard-disk space (700MB recommended for installing optional audio clips)
- 800x600 color display (1024x768 display recommended)
- Stereo sound card (multitrack sound card recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
- CD-RW drive for audio CD creation
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0 software required for video import
- Speakers or headphones recommended
- Microphone (optional)