What is Pyripper? Pyripper is simple, but quite sophisticated Digital Audio Extraction tool written in Python programming language that can create secure rip's in Linux (very similiar to EAC).
UPDATE: new version 0.1.2 is released at 10 november. UPDATE: New version 0.1.1 is released at 6 november. UPDATE: New version 0.1 is released at 5 november.
- a command-line program which makes use of cdparanoia.
- every track gets ripped twice and is compared with a 160-bit SHA1 checksum
- if the checksums differ, the track will be ripped twice again until the checksum matches
- CDDB-info is fetched via the pycddb module.
- It can rip to FLAC, MP3, and Vorbis.
- Lame and Vorbis can be configured, default for lame is: -V2 --vbr-new, default for vorbis is -q 6
- You can choose the ripping device, otherwise default is used.
- See pyripper --help for more information
- The files will be saved as "working directory/extension/artist (year) album/tracknumber - trackname.extension
Make sure to have pycddb and cdparanoia installed as a minimum. You can optionally choose for Lame, Vorbis or FLAC, depending on the codec you want to encode to.
Then download pyripper(Right-click and save to disk): http://www.gentoolinux.demon.nl/pyripper-0.1.1
- Then make it executable --> chmod +x pyripper
- Move it to your path --> mv pyripper /usr/bin/pyripper (make sure you're root)