From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
Revision as of 18:39, 18 June 2005 by Rjamorim
Lossless Audio (LA) is a lossless audio compressor developed by Michael Bevin
- Compresses files better than any other current lossless encoder
- Available for Windows (win32) and Linux/x86 (binaries only).
- xmms + WinAMP plugin available
- Very slow encode and decode (realtime on 700-800mhz CPU)
- No source code or format specification available.
It's worth mentioning that the LA foobar2000 plugin doesn't produce bit-identical streams, and the author has shown no interest in fixing this issue