Difference between revisions of "Lossless Audio"
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
(move to --> Category:Codecs)
Revision as of 19:00, 13 June 2007
Lossless Audio (LA) is a lossless audio compressor developed by Michael Bevin
- Compresses files better than almost any other current lossless encoder
- Available for Windows (win32) and Linux/x86 (binaries only).
- xmms + WinAMP plugin available
- Very slow encode and decode (realtime on 700-800mhz CPU)
- No source code or format specification available.
It's worth mentioning that the LA foobar2000 plugin doesn't produce bit-identical streams, and the author has shown no interest in fixing this issue