Foobar2000:Mac Version 2.5 Beta Change Log
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
- Fixed "Show in Finder" vs old Mac OS.
- Fixed Media Library performing unnecessary tag reloads in some scenarios.
- Editing 'rating' field no longer alters playback statistics database.
- MP4 tagging: do not set Various Artists if itunescompilation is present but set to 0.
- Fixed loading DSP presets not applying them in Preferences.
- Crash bugs fixed.
- Fixed library search by rating not working.
- Switched to 64-bit floating-point for internal processing (was still using 32-bit in beta 1 & 2).
- ReFacets sorting is now remembered.
- Fixed beta 3 regression with 32 bits per sample output producing noise.
- Reduced output reopen delay when input format (channel count etc) changes.
- Suppressed library error log lines about folder.jpg etc inside archive files.
- libFLAC 1.4, made possible to decode 32 bits per sample FLAC files.
- Playlist manipulation performance fixes.
- DTS decode_postprocessor now works, for decoding DTS in WAV, FLAC, etc.
- Fixed incorrect behavior after a watched media library folder disappears then reappears.
- Allowed blank meta values in metadb.
- Shutdown crash regression fix.
- Updated WavPack library to 5.5.0.
- Updated Monkey's Audio library to 8.70.
- Changed replacement for slash character in file naming.
- Fixed a regression that made it impossible to play certain M4A HE-AAC files from remote (HTTP etc) sources.
- Various ReFacets glitches fixed.
- Made new library search implementation more robust.
- Cleaned up Ogg reader, made possible to seek in remote (HTTP etc) Ogg files.
- Fixed playlist sorting not respecting ascending/descending state.
- Fixed Ogg seeking regressions from the previous beta.
- libFLAC 1.4.1.
- Rewritten asymmetric library search feature.
- Library search speed optimizations, made more queries utilize search index.
- Fixed internet radio playlist parsing bug.
- Fixed incorrect MD5 verification of 32-bit FLAC files.
- Fixed non-decoding of DTSHD files.
- Added option to override DRC behavior on AC-3 audio.
- Fixed failure to read specific odd FPL files.
- Fixed race condition crash in module decoder.
- Fixed failure to read specific XM modules (nothing added to playlist).
- Fixed window position remembering bugs.
- Closing main window now exits foobar2000.
- Added Audio Unit DSP support.
- Verifier: do not report ID3 tags in FLAC as corrupted file errors.
- Fixed lockup bug with stale/dead net shares in Media Library.
- Required Mac OS version is now 10.13.
- Fixed a beta 11 regression causing "open...", "add folder..." etc to fail.
- Audio Unit support improvements.
- Enabled search indexing of file paths by default.
- Because this somewhat affects performance and some people just don't care, an advanced option to turn it off has been added.
- WavPack library update.
- More compatible reading of exotic AIFF files.
- Added sanitization of internet radio metadata as certain station was serving nonsensical sample rate info.
- Improved compatibility with MP4 files made with yt-dlp.
- Fixed various library search expression handling bugs.
- Made FLAC tag updater kill ID3v2 garbage prefixing FLAC stream.
- Made MP3 reader report MP3 frame count not matching Xing/LAME header info when verifying integrity.
- Mac: Continuous dragging of Audio Unit sliders.
- libvorbis is now used for decoding Vorbis format instead of FFmpeg, as some rare files continue to cause compatibility issues.
- Updated Properties / Automatically Fill Values logic, better results if searched pattern appears more than once.
- Fixed missing quotation mark recognition in new library search system.
- More search regression fixes.
- Rating field handling fixes - %rating% now looks up rating meta if no rating is present in the database.
- Fixed archive content being invisible in Album List's folders view.
- Rewritten search index for better performance.
- Playback statistics feature is now powered by foo_playcount code, ratings & statistics pinned to metadata instead of location.
- Fixed playback of 8-channel Vorbis, beta 15 regression.
- Fixed various UI glitches.
- Fixed various RIFF64 WAV reading bugs.
- Fixed beachballing on app shutdown when indexed network shares cannot be resolved.
- Improved Playback Statistics XML import/export, made possible to import XML written by old betas.
- Fixed a bug resulting in nonsensical channel mask being passed around.
- No longer recreates all DSPs when manually cycling tracks in playlist.
- Fixed incorrect behavior when adding Media Library folders via drag&drop from Finder.
- Fixed total playback time not being remembered since beta 16.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some internet radio station names from being shown.
- Made error message shown when an Audio Unit cannot be loaded, instead of appearing stuck.
- Properties dialog blank value crash fixed.
- Properties Autofill logic amended.
- Album List & ReFacets: improved handling of | character in tags.
- Made FFmpeg from homebrew etc auto-detected.
- Fixed bad MD5 verification of AIFF sourced WavPacks.
- Made Audio Units grouped by vendor.
- Mitigated buggy ftruncate() on Windows network shares.
- Reworked fb2k::configStore, now less prone to silly errors saving random configuration bits, should recover from momentary problems with the configuration file instead of crashing.
- Better console logging if internet stream reconnect events.
- Added zoom to cover picture viewer.
- Fixed ugly downscaled version of image being shown after double clicking attached picture in Properties.
- Fixed ugly scaling of cover art in playback controls bar.
- Ported classic MP3 utilities (tag types, header editor, stream rebuild etc).
- Module renderer update, fixed nonsensical looping behaviors.
- Replaced "Scale" DSP with "Gain / Scale", made possible to edit gain value.
- Audio Unit UI fixes, added reset button.
- Better info reporting for lossless DTS files.
- Exclusive audio output support.
- Misc bug fixes.