Difference between revisions of "Foobar2000:Foobar2000"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 22:24, 1 June 2014
Screenshot of foobar2000 v1.0 using the default user interface
|Preview release||1.3.1 beta 1|
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
The latest stable version is: 1.3.2 (2014-04-11)
The latest preview version is: 1.3.1 beta 1 (2013-12-27)
foobar2000 has been written specifically for the Windows platform, and there are no plans to port it to any others. However, although not officially supported, it is known to run on Linux and Mac OS X through Wine and WineBottler, respectively.
- Powerful open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player, including the ability to fully replace the user interface.
- Full Unicode support: File names, user interface, tagging, etc.
- ReplayGain support: Both playback and writing ReplayGain information to file tags.
- Gapless playback.
- Advanced tagging capabilities - through built-in Properties dialog and various optional tagging-related components.
- Built-in Media Library functionality.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external command-line encoder executables for different output formats).
- Secure CD ripping.
- Streaming support.
- Efficient handling of large playlists.
- User interface with simple configuration to create even complex layouts quickly and easily.
- Highly customizable display of track information using title formatting scripts.
Supported audio formats
Natively supported ("out-of-the-box"):
- MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, Musepack, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, Speex, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU/SND, CDDA, WMA, Matroska, ALAC, MMS, RSTP, Opus.
Supported through optional components:
In addition, foobar2000 can also play audio files within ZIP and RAR archives (typically compressed) directly, i.e. without requiring the user to extract the files first. More archive formats are supported via additional components: LHA/LZH, 7-Zip, JMA
- foobar2000 FAQ
- foobar2000 Components
- foobar2000 Encouraged Tag Standards
- foobar2000 FAQ (unofficial)
- foobar2000 Guides (category)
- foobar2000 Preferences (category)
- Introduction to titleformat scripts
- Titleformat Reference: reference guide to all fields and functions
- Titleformat Examples: user-submitted code for various purposes; submit your own!
- File operations dialog: move, copy, rename, and delete files from within foobar2000
- Commandline usage
- German-language guides
- fb2k Wiki Page for Japanese users.
- Winamp To Foobar Guide with information relevant for general users also.
- ID3 Tag Mapping
- Metadata Compatibility: information about compatibility with metadata written by other applications
- Official IRC Channel: #foobar2000 on freenode
- Official foobar2000 forum
- German Support Forum
- Polish Support Forum
- Russian-language forum
- Another Russian-language forum