Foobar2000:Development:SDK 2022-11-16 Release Notes
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
foobar2000 v2.0 SDK update with new beta 13 additions and bug fixes.
This SDK, while retaining the ability to build components for v1.5 & v1.6 series, allows you to utilize all features of foobar2000 v2.0 series.
For more information about foobar2000 v2.0 additions, read Foobar2000:Development:SDK_2022-10-20_Release_Notes.
Changes since last update
- Added library_index documentation.
- library_manager_v5 : additional library state info for library callbacks.
- DSP extensions:
- dsp_v3 allows live changes of DSP settings without recreation of the DSP, through apply_preset().
- dsp_entry_v3 allows shown name of the DSP to change with the preset, through get_display_name().
- dsp_entry_v3 provides non-blocking (modeless) DSP configuration dialog.
- Added helper code to implement old/new DSP dialogs with single dialog class.
- Fixed a goofy bug in filesystem helper code that resulted in double directory entries returned when running under old foobar2000.
- PFC now refuses to compile without C++17 or newer as some of the classes fail to compile with non-obvious error messages under C++14. Enable C++17 in your project settings.
- If you really don't want C++17, comment the check out, at your own risk.
Notes about old foobar2000 interop
Old foobar2000 versions will not utilize new non-blocking DSP dialogs so you still have to provide blocking dialogs. Even under new foobar2000, some component could invoke your dialog directly. This has been known to happen.
Old foobar2000 versions will not utilize apply_preset().
A subset of new DSP functionality will be backported to foobar2000 v1.6.14: