Foobar2000:Components 0.9/Playback Statistics Custom (foo playback custom)
This component stores playback statistics (play count, first played date, last played date) in a tag like foo_playcount_mod, but has a faster response time. If the component is unable to write a tag, you can have it write the information into the custom_info database (this requires you to have foo_custominfo installed).
- Writes playback statistics (play_count, first_played, last_played) in tags
- Allows you to select which information to be written
- Allows you to select the tags where the information is to be stored
- Allows you to select when the information is updated (when the song starts playing, when it has finished etc).
- Writes statistics to custominfo database if tag could not be written (e.g. when dealing with cue + wav, wma)
Note: All of the following can be changed
- Default tag name for play count: %play_counter%
- Default tag name for first played: %first_played%
- Default tag name for last played: %last_played%
- format of first played and last played is: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Update playback statistics: when song has been played for 60 seconds
Copy the foo_playback_custom to foobar2000's components directory. Restart foobar.
- . Run foobar2000
- . Check to see that foo_playback_custom is installed by going to Preferences -> Components. Also, check to see if you are using the latest version
- . Go to Preferences -> Tools -> Playback Statistics Custom
Playback Statistics Update Timing
This option allow you to change when the plugin updates information:
- Disable (Do not update)
- Update when a track is started
- Update when a track is ended
- Update when playback percentage is
You can select a value between 1% and 99%
- Update counter when playback second(s) is:
You can set any value greater than 1 second
Playback statistics settings
- Use the checkboxes to select which tags you want to write
- If you want to use a different tag to store the information (e.g. Play_Counter instead of Play_count), type Play_count in the box next to the tag and press the apply button.
- Only Tracks in media library update playback statistics
If selected, no information will be written to songs that are not in the media library
- Store playback statistics with foo_custominfo database...
If selected, the component will write information to custominfo database if it fails to write a tag. NOTE: foo_custominfo has to be installed.
Q. I get a popup window when playback statistics is being updated. Is this normal?
A. Normally, the window shouldn't appear while using the component. it only appears when I/O processing time while writing the tag is long. The track might also stop playing.
- While playing losssless files (e.g. Flac, APE, Wavpack, TAK) which are highly compressed, IO processing time can be long
- Another component is trying to update the file information at the same time
- Your Hard drive is slow/ fragmented
- Use a lower compressed lossless file
- Try changing the update time setting. (Usually components like foosic and audioscrobbler update at around 1 min.)
- Defrag your hard drive
If none of the above works, use foo_custom_pc instead.