Components for foobar2000 v0.9
This page contains most foobar2000 v0.9 components available at time of last update. Descriptions where available. More information on these plugins can be found by searching the foobar2000 forums.
Much of the information here came from this thread which may be more up to date, and also shows a list of components not yet updated from earlier versions of foobar2000.
- foo_adpcm Plays GameCube ADPCM audio data and some. (DSP, ADP, GCM, HPS, STM, AST...)
- foo_dumb Plays your favorite module files, and then some. (MOD, S3M, XM, IT, 669, PTM, PSM, MTM, UMX)
- foo_gep Plays several emulation formats. (GBS, NSF, SPC, GYM, HES, VGM)
- foo_psf Plays PSF files.
- foo_dsp_crossfeed Filters the music to help reduce fatigue caused by listening to music with headphones.
- foo_dsp_delta Noise sharpening filter.
- foo_dsp_vlevel Dynamic compressor which amplifies the quiet parts of music.
- foo_audioscrobbler Audioscrobbler will send the name of every song you play on your computer to Last.fm. This effortlessly populates your profile to play radio you like and make personalized recommendations
- foo_browser Allows you to browse your library using columns ui panels.
- foo_common Common Services
- foo_controlserver Acts as a server to control Foobar2000. Connect with a telnet client and control it using ASCII commands.
- foo_dbsearch Database search
- foo_freedb2 freedb tagger
- foo_lnk Shell link resolver
- foo_lock Pauses/unpauses foobar2000 on workstation lock/unlock.
- foo_msnalt Show the current song as "Now Playing" in MSN and MS Live messenger
- foo_osd On screen display of track information and volume bar.
- foo_osd_gdiplus Same as foo_osd but uses GDI+ for osd drawing.
- foo_playlist_manager Playlist manager
- foo_pqview Playback queue viewer
- foo_random Randomized playlist entry
- foo_shn Shorten decoder
- foo_sic Sends track information to the foosic online database. You can currently view your top artist, album and track statistics with foosic.
- foo_tradersfriend Live show tagger
- foo_utils Utilities
Columns UI is a very popular alternate interface for foobar2000 based on a columns and panel layout. It has a separated wiki that is located here.
Components for Columns UI
Columns UI has its own plugin system and these plugins extend the user interface:
- Track Info Panel (foo_uie_trackinfo) (more information) Uses TAGZ to display information about a selected track
- Album Art Panel (foo_uie_albumart) (more information) Panel to display album art
- Album List Panel (foo_uie_albumlist) Displays the database in a treeview using customizable sorting methods (by genre, artist, directory, ..)
- Explorer Panel (foo_uie_explorer) Displays a treeview of selected disks/folders.
- foo_browser - Panels for Browsing Library, Similar to iTunes