EAC and FLAC
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
Revision as of 07:09, 6 July 2005 by A Man Eating Duck
Note: This guide assumes that EAC is has been configured for secure ripping, if not please follow this guide.
- Install Flac using the Flac installer
- Open EAC and insert a CD into the drive.
- Click the EAC menu and select Compression Options.
- Click the External Compression Tab, and put a check box in use external program for compression.
- Change Parameter Passing Scheme to User Defined Encoder.
- Change Use file extension to .flac if not already that.
- Click the Browse button and locate the FLAC.exe that you unzipped earlier.
- Remove the ticks from Use CRC check, Add ID3 tag and check for external programs return code.
- In the Addtional command line options box, copy and paste the below string.
-T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -5 %s
Note: The green portion is where you would change the compression level or add settings for the FLAC encoder.
- Do not worry what bit rate is shown in the bit rate drop down box, this will be ignored.