Cross-platform, multi-format audio conversion and tagging module for PowerShell
|Stable release||ETA Q1 2019|
|Preview release|| (10 December 2018)|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, MacOS|
|Use||Digital Audio conversion, tagging|
AudioWorks is a PowerShell module for converting and tagging audio / music files. It is available under the Lesser GPL (v3) license, and runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS. AudioWorks replaces PowerShell Audio.
- A unified interface to popular codecs (see Supported Formats).
- Runs under PowerShell Core on Windows, MacOS and Linux (Windows PowerShell 5.1 is also supported).
- Utilizes advanced SIMD, multi-threading and low-allocation memory structures for the fastest possible encoding.
- Includes EBU R.128-based ReplayGain "2.0" analysis and tagging.
- Seamless tag preservation and conversion between formats (including cover art).
- PowerShell interface brings powerful integration and scripting capabilities.
- API is open-source, well-documented and extensible.
- English (translation help wanted!)
For up-to-date examples, run Get-Help about_AudioWorks.Commands. The various cmdlets are also documented here.