From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
Revision as of 12:22, 7 April 2013 by 22.214.171.124
Cubase equivalent of Linux
|Developer(s)||Chris Cannam, Richard Bown|
|Stable release||13.04 (2013-04-01)|
|Operating system||Linux, X11|
Rosegarden is a professional audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment. Rosegarden is considered to be the Cubase equivalent for Linux. It's a KDE interface application. see also MusE
- Editing music and quantizing notes using piano roll editor
- MIDI support for managing banks, programs, and controllers.
- Notation editing using Lilypond and MusicXML to create a music score (PostScript or PDF format)
- Recording audio using mixing, samples, and effects
- Connecting with host synthesizers for more accurate control
- Multilingual support (13 different languages)
- Integration with other sequencers and tools using JACK kit, DSSI, DSSI-VST, and LADSPA
- Strong dependence on ALSA, but can be run without it.
- Not designed for Core Audio under OS/X
- Main window this is a screenshot of Rosegardens main layout window.
- Chinese (simplified)
- Rosegarden-4 global design (HTML) written using Doxygen 1.4.4.