Supported through plug-ins:
- TTA, FLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack, Speex, Mod, SPC, TFMX, Shorten, OptimFROG, LPAC, WMA, AC3, PSF, NSF, XID, XA, Matroska
In addition, foobar2000 can also play music directly from compressed RAR, ZIP and 7-Zip archives without requiring the user to extract the files prior to playing.
foobar2000 has been coded exclusively for the Windows platform with an English interface. The author does not intend to provide alternate language versions nor alternate platform versions. However, several people have had success running foobar2000 on x86 Linux systems by using Wine, although the Columns UI plugin is known to be problematic.
By default foobar2000 uses the standard interface, foo_ui_std. This interface is based around a tabbed list of playlists. Playlists are then formatted according to the title formatting strings entered by the user. These allow access to tag data, as well as information about the state of the program in the playlist display. For more information go to the Interface page.
- Preferences Dialog
- Introduction to titleformat scripts
- Reference of fields and functions for titleformat scripts
- Tagz (Simple Syntax)
- Tagscript (Script-like Syntax)
- TechSpot's "complete guide to Foobar 2000"
- Guruboolez's French-language guide
- Bachi-Bouzouk's guide
- SH/SC New user guide
- Frank Bicking's German-language guide
Other pages at the foobar2000 section
- Foobar Gallery: screenshot thread
- Default UI formatting strings: cut-n-paste ready
- Columns UI configs: .fcs file format
- foo_ui_gfx (alpha): skin support for foobar
picmixer: ReplayGain tutorial