Foobar2000:Components/iPod Manager (foo dop)
|Initial release||May 30, 2006|
|Stable release||0.7.0 / October 2, 2017|
|Discussion thread||Discussion thread|
iPod manager component for foobar2000.
- Load your iPod library into foobar2000.
- Send and remove files from / to your iPod
- Automatically convert files which are in a format not supported by the iPod
- Convert ReplayGain data into SoundCheck data
- Gapless playback for LAME MP3, Nero AAC and iTunes AAC on iPods supporting gapless playback
- Artwork support
- iPod classic, nano, shuffle, touch or iphone. (check official website for details)
- for iPhones and iPods Touch: Apple Mobile Device Support, Quicktime, Apple Application Support (all from iTunes/Quicktime installer)
- for 2007 model iPods and newer: Apple iPod/iPhone driver (ie: part of Apple Mobile Device Support)
- Windows XP SP1 or newer
Is it safe to update to the latest version of iTunes?
Usually yes, but check the forum discussion thread for the most up-to-date information when a new version comes out. (At the time of writing the latest version of iTunes is 9.0.2).
Note: If you have enabled mobile devices support, make sure you close foobar2000 before updating iTunes.
Is it safe to update to the latest firmware for my device?
Usually minor versions are OK, but major versions for the iPod touch/iPhone are often problematic. Check the forum discussion thread for the most up-to-date information when a new version comes out.