Components for foobar2000 v0.9
This page contains most foobar2000 v0.9 components available at time of last update. Descriptions where available. More information on these plugins can be found by searching the foobar2000 forums.
Much of the information here came from this thread which may be more up to date, and also shows a list of components not yet updated from earlier versions of foobar2000.
- foo_ac3 Plays Dolby Digital lossy audio compression technologies format.
- foo_adpcm Plays GameCube ADPCM audio data and some. (DSP, ADP, GCM, HPS, STM, AST...)
- foo_dumb Plays your favorite module files, and then some. (MOD, S3M, XM, IT, 669, PTM, PSM, MTM, UMX)
- foo_game Plays Westwood's audio (.aud), Sierra's sounds (.sfx/.aud), Core design's cd audio (cdaudio.wad), Funcom's music (.iss), Rome Total War's IDX (.idx/.dat), Timegate's format (.rwd), EA's Pathfinder audio (.mus) and Ben Gerard's music (.sc68).
- foo_gep Plays several emulation formats. (GBS, NSF, SPC, GYM, HES, VGM)
- foo_input_matroska Matroska decoder.
- foo_input_shorten Shorten (SHN) is a file format used to losslessly compress CD-quality audio files.
- foo_lunar2 Plays the RP*.PCM files found on the original Lunar: Eternal Blue CD.
- foo_psf Plays PSF files.
- foo_sid Sound chip of Commodore's CBM-II, Commodore 64 and Commodore 128 home computers.
- foo_channel_mixer Up/down mix to/from 1-6 channels
- foo_dsp_atsurround Reproduces surround sound information present in many stereo audio material and more.
- foo_dsp_bs2p Improves headphone listening of regular hi-fi stereo records.
- foo_dsp_continuator Allows for advanced crossfading between tracks.
- foo_dsp_crossfeed Filters the music to help reduce fatigue caused by listening to music with headphones.
- foo_dsp_delta Noise sharpening filter.
- foo_dsp_oss3ddsp Audio enhancement (TRIAL)
- foo_dsp_silence Inserts a configurable amount of silence after each track to help external devices like MiniDisc players to sync track changes.
- foo_dsp_tube Emulate tube sound.
- foo_dsp_vlevel Dynamic compressor which amplifies the quiet parts of music.
- ProjectM Visualisation (foo_vis_projectM) Based on the ProjectM project, which is a reimplementation of Milkdrop under OpenGL.
- foo_dbsearch Database search.
- foo_freedb2 Freedb tagger.
- foo_history Very basic song history.
- foo_infobox A replacement of the build-in file info box.
- foo_meowdb Takes the Media Library and outputs the results to a form and uploads it to your server using the cURL library.
- foo_playcount Keeps track of the amount of times, the last time, and the first time a track has been played.
- foo_playlist_bind Synchronize playlist with contents of specific directory.
- foo_playlist_manager Playlist manager.
- foo_playlist_name_enhanced Appends automatically playlist info ("items / length") to all playlist names.
- foo_pqview Playback queue viewer.
- foo_random Randomized playlist entry.
- foo_tradersfriend Live show tagger.
- foo_msnalt Show the current song as "Now Playing" in MSN and MS Live messenger.
- foo_osd On screen display of track information and volume bar.
- foo_osd_gdiplus Same as foo_osd but uses GDI+ for osd drawing.
- foo_prettypop Display a moderately sized popup of song information when a new song plays.
- foo_audioscrobbler Audioscrobbler will send the name of every song you play on your computer to Last.fm. This effortlessly populates your profile to play radio you like and make personalized recommendations.
- foo_sic Sends track information to the foosic online database. You can currently view your top artist, album and track statistics with foosic.
- foo_comserver Allows controlling foobar2000 through COM Automation
- foo_controlserver Acts as a server to control Foobar2000. Connect with a telnet client and control it using ASCII commands.
- foo_write_http It's TCP/IP server that listens on a specified port for incoming requests such as play, stop, etc.
- foo_ui_minilyrics Lyrics viewer for synchronizing and displaying lyrics of the currently playing song.
- foo_utils Utilities: multi-level, per playlist undo and redo; copy and paste for playlist items; command search; extended playlist editing; play arbitrary track from context menu; make playlists read-only.
- foo_vis_channelusage.dll Channel Usage Visualisation.
- foo_winamp_spam Designed to create a fake Winamp 1.x window which will act as a wrapper between applications written to use the Winamp API and foobar2000.
- foo_common Common Services.
- foo_fullscreen Enable fullscreen mode.
- foo_lnk Shell link resolver.
- foo_lock Pauses/unpauses foobar2000 on workstation lock/unlock.
- foo_notaskbar Hides Foobar2000 from the taskbar, even when the window is normally visible.
- foo_sendtodevice Add "Send to Device" feature.
- foo_xm Allow you to listen to XM Radio channels over the Internet by using XM Radio Online.
Columns UI is a very popular alternate interface for foobar2000 based on a columns and panel layout. It has a separated wiki that is located here.
Components for Columns UI
Columns UI has its own plugin system and these plugins extend the user interface:
- Album Art Panel (foo_uie_albumart) (more information) Panel to display album art
- Album Art Panel for matroska (foo_uie_albumart_mka) Albumart mod to read matroska covers.
- Album List Panel (foo_uie_albumlist) Displays the database in a treeview using customizable sorting methods (by genre, artist, directory, ..)
- Explorer Panel (foo_uie_explorer) Displays a treeview of selected disks/folders.
- Music Browser (foo_browser) Panels for Browsing Library, Similar to iTunes
- Playlist Tree (foo_playlist_tree) Tree based media library with many available customizations.
- Track Info Panel (foo_uie_trackinfo) (more information) Uses TAGZ to display information about a selected track