EAC and Monkey's Audio
Note: This guide assumes that EAC is has been configured for secure ripping, if not please follow this guide.
- Install Monkey's Audio using the default location.
- Extract "wapet.exe" & "MAC.exe" into your EAC directory.
- Open EAC and insert a CD into the drive.
- Click the EAC menu and select Compression Options.
- Click the External Compression Tab, and put a check box in use external program for compression.
- Change Parameter Passing Scheme to User Defined Encoder.
- Change Use file extension to .ape if not already that.
- Click the Browse button and locate the wapet.exe. (or just write - wapet.exe)
NOTE: It's even possible to give any other name to wapet.exe (so your *.log file will seems more logical..)
- Remove the ticks from Use CRC check, Add ID3 tag and check for external programs return code.
- In the Addtional command line options box, copy and paste the string below.
%dest% -t "Artist=%artist%" -t "Title=%title%" -t "Album=%albumtitle%" -t "Year=%year%" -t "Track=%tracknr2% -t "TotalTracks=%numtracks%" -t "Genre=%genre%" -t "Album Artist=%albumartist%" -t "DiscID=%cddbid%" "MAC.exe" %source% %dest% -c2000 -v
Note: Alter this switch for the desired compression mode
- Do not worry what bit rate is shown in the bit rate drop down box, this will be ignored.