Difference between revisions of "DBpoweramp"
m (Added to software category)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 21:17, 28 March 2010
fully featured CD ripper with C2 error support, AccurateRip, and PerfectMeta™
|Operating system||Windows, Linux/BSD (Wine Emulation)|
|Use||Digital Audio Extraction|
dBPowerAMP is a secure cd ripper, which features AccurateRip. It's often called a Swiss army knife of Audio.
- Secure Ripper.
- Correct C2 utilization.
- Rip digitally sound from Audio CDs and store in a multitude of formats, dMC is the Fastest CD Ripper
- Convert from one format to another, just about every audio type is supported: MP3, AAC, Windows Media Audio (WMA), Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC and many others [Codec downloads], whilst preserving ID Tags.
- Multi-CPU Aware rips and encodes using all CPU cores simultaneously
- HTOA (hidden track one audio) ripping - if CD drive is capable.
- HDCD's can be decoded to 24 bit with DSP Effects
- Volume Normalize audio files.
- Windows Explorer Integration - right click Convert To & popup useful information on audio files (such as bitrate, length).
- ID tag editing.
- Record from LPs or anything [optional Auxiliary Input install].
The philosophy behind AccurateRip is quite simple, each time an audio track is ripped (recorded by computer) it is compared with rips from other people, consequently this allows a confidence report to be generated. The conclusion that could be reached would be that four other people had exactly the same results. These results in turn would guarantee your rip was without error. The report may say hypothetically that three other people disagree with your rip, the likelyhood is that your CD has a scratch and should be cleaned.
dBpoweramp pulls metadata from 4 providers: AMG, GD3, MusicBrainz and freedb simultaneously, including high resolution Album Art. It then compares the results and eliminates most errors