Album Art Downloader XUI
I've been working on this for a while, and I think it is time to let people start playing with it. This is a rewrite of the Album Art Downloader code, using .NET Framework 3.0.
For the graphically-minded out there, although this app isn't skinnable, the UI is all created in XAML, so if you want to grab the source and start editing the UI, please feel free. It is under the XUI folder in the SVN Repository
Limitations: This is a preview release, and as a rewrite, some functionality has not been ported across yet. Most notably, the browsers (both file and foobar) are not implemented yet. If you can't live without these, then you might prefer to wait until they are. If there is some other favourite feature you are missing, let me know, and it should make it across eventually.
* Dynamically resizeable thumbnails * Thumbnail information * Sort by Name, Size or Source * Filter results under or over a specified size, or by maximum results for each source * Substitution syntax path to save images * Local files search that matches save pattern * Enable or disable scripts from the command line * New strongly typed interface-based script model; write compiled scripts in any .net language * Backwards compatible with existing scripts * Backwards compatible with existing command line parameters, including old CoverDownloader parameters.
- Foobar and file browsers (still)
- Queuing up of searches. Multiple searches can currently be run simultaneously, one per window, but they can't be queued up to occur sequentially.
- While searching: if you try to preview a cover, program hangs (iElectric)
- This should be fixed in version 0.3 (AlexVallat)
(Add a bug and tag it with your nick)
- Version 0.4 (2007-04-27)
- Local Files Source now has the ability to specify the path to search for images in separately to the path to save images in. Set this either in the Local Files Source settings, or using the /localImagesPath command line parameter.
- Experimental authenticating proxy support (undocumented feature)
- Version 0.3 (2007-04-09)
- Stability improvements:
- Stop All should not cause the app to become unresponsive
- Fixed bug where app could hang while previewing during a search
- If a search is performed for the same album and artist, but with different sources, a minimal search is now performed where only the newly selected sources are queried, and the existing results are kept in the same window.
- Added better error reporting. If a crash occurs, an errorlog.txt file will be produced.
- Stability improvements:
- Version 0.2 (2007-03-31)
- Added "Stop All" button
- Added ability to toggle display of thumbnail information to go below the thumbnail
- Enhanced auto download of full size images to give the options: Always, Never, and Only For Unknown Size
- Added an optional Maximum Image size restriction
- Fixed bug where Local Files source would lock the files it found, preventing them from being replaced
- Added checkbox for setting AutoClose behaviour in the UI.
- Added option to disable AutoClose behaviour from the command line: "/autoclose off"
- Added option to restrict the maximum number of results to return per source
- Version 0.1 (2007-03-12)
- Initial Preview Release
- AlbumArtDownloaderXUI-0.4.exe (Installer. Recommended)
- AlbumArtDownloaderXUI-0.4.zip (zip archive for those who don't like installers)